[mythtv-users] VDPAU package problems 0.22?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:31:58 UTC 2009

> > Thanks Jack,
> > when I do this with synaptic, it wants to remove mythtv-frontend and
> > libmyth-0.22 and all the myth plugins etc, I assume this
> > is normal and I just install them again afterwards?
> >
> > Mike
>
> Oh well, I went ahead and did as suggested. I forced the packages to
> version 3 from version 9 with synaptic package manager.
> I then went in and selected the mythtv packages, frontend, plugins etc.
> After a while I got the following error:-
>
> http://picasaweb.google.com/mcdent/MythTV#5411738290627229810
>
> That error is in trying to install libvdpau1, which you should have
installed after forcing the nvidia drivers to version 3.  Also, since it's
saying nvidia-185-libvdpau still has libvdpau.so.1 in it I'd guess you're
back on the mythbuntu version 9 one.  It's hard to say, but I'd bet that you
didn't lock the driver versions to 3 after you downgraded and synaptic
pushed them back up to version 9.  After that it's all downhill I'm afraid.

The good news is you can always just uninstall libvdpau1, upgrade to the
mythbuntu driver  versions again (although I suspect you have them installed
now already), and move back to the mythbuntu myth packages.  Then you can
try again.

--Jack