[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 backend on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Christian CvB at kruemel.org
Sat Dec 5 17:40:21 UTC 2009

> I have a mythtv setup with a backend server and two frontends that is
> working well, but I really want to upgrade the frontends to the new mythtv
> 0.22 release (for the new theming, and better VDPAU support) and to Karmic
> Koala (they are Jaunty right now).  The backend is running Hardy Heron LTS
> and would need to upgraded to 0.22 for things to work. I don't see an easy
> way to upgrade Hardy to Karmic, and I am hesitant to do a full new install
> since I currently enjoy a pretty high WAF (the system has run well for 18
> months).  Is there a repository that will let me upgrade me to 0.22?  I
> could compile the backend myself, but for several reasons, that is not my
> favorite option.

I have also a frontend on 0.22 here, and since there was no repository
which would let me install 0.22 on Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS, I went for compiling
the source code myself. I'm quite a newbie to Linux still, but managed to
compile (after installing Qt4 and a few other programs/libs to fix issues
which arose during the first compilation attempts).

Upgrading the entire Hardy machine to Karmic could be a pain. But
compiling the source code should be feasible - in particular as you won't
break your existing setup until you have managed to compile 0.22.

Regards
Christian