[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 backend on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

Matthew Asplund mattasplund at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:34:12 UTC 2009

I have a mythtv setup with a backend server and two frontends that is
working well, but I really want to upgrade the frontends to the new mythtv
0.22 release (for the new theming, and better VDPAU support) and to Karmic
Koala (they are Jaunty right now).  The backend is running Hardy Heron LTS
and would need to upgraded to 0.22 for things to work.  I don't see an easy
way to upgrade Hardy to Karmic, and I am hesitant to do a full new install
since I currently enjoy a pretty high WAF (the system has run well for 18
months).  Is there a repository that will let me upgrade me to 0.22?  I
could compile the backend myself, but for several reasons, that is not my
favorite option.

Matthew Asplund