[mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends with seperate configurations?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 22:51:22 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> well I've got a weird issue I'm hoping to get some help with...
>> only crops up with netboot (using the harddrive that was in the system
>> works fine), but VDPAU is having an issue initializing or something?
>> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VDPAU Error: Error at util-vdpau.cpp:222 (#1,
>> Unknown)
>> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VidOutVDPAU Error: Failed to initialise VDPAU
>> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 VideoOutput, Error: Not compiled with any
>> useable video output method.
>> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 NVP(0), Error: Couldn't create VideoOutput
>> instance. Exiting..
>>
>> both are using JYA's repo for the nvidia drivers and Myth, but the
>> netboot one isn't playing back.
>

> Did you check /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Make sure the nvidia driver is loading
> properly in there. I've found that sometimes it doesn't build properly in
> the chroot and, for some reason, doesn't build properly with DKMS when
> booting a frontend. On my setup, the server is running a -server kernel and
> the frontends aren't, so it's unable to figure out what to build for. I have
> a command line for DKMS that might help, email me if you are having that
> problem and I'll post it. I'm not at home right now, so I can't get to it.

I get no errors but I do get
(WW) Dec 04 17:42:00 NVIDIA: Failed to reserve 3072.00 MB for indirect
framebuffer access:
(WW) Dec 04 17:42:00 NVIDIA:     Cannot allocate memory

I don't know if that's the same as what you had but any help would be
appreciated!

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff