[mythtv-users] multiple network boot diskless frontends with seperate configurations?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Dec 4 22:40:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> well I've got a weird issue I'm hoping to get some help with...
> only crops up with netboot (using the harddrive that was in the system
> works fine), but VDPAU is having an issue initializing or something?
> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VDPAU Error: Error at util-vdpau.cpp:222 (#1,
> Unknown)
> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.827 VidOutVDPAU Error: Failed to initialise VDPAU
> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 VideoOutput, Error: Not compiled with any
> useable video output method.
> 2009-12-04 17:30:07.828 NVP(0), Error: Couldn't create VideoOutput
> instance. Exiting..
>
> both are using JYA's repo for the nvidia drivers and Myth, but the
> netboot one isn't playing back.

Did you check /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Make sure the nvidia driver is loading
properly in there. I've found that sometimes it doesn't build properly in
the chroot and, for some reason, doesn't build properly with DKMS when
booting a frontend. On my setup, the server is running a -server kernel and
the frontends aren't, so it's unable to figure out what to build for. I have
a command line for DKMS that might help, email me if you are having that
problem and I'll post it. I'm not at home right now, so I can't get to it.