[mythtv-users] FCC admits CableCARD a failure, vows to try something else

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Dec 4 21:57:46 UTC 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 02:40:28 pm Alan Marchiori wrote:
> > what is allowed to access the stream outside of the tuner device. The
> > tuner output is unencrypted MPEG2 or h264 along with any status
> > information
>
> you'll never get unencrypted output.

Why not? The "Betamax Decision" said that I have a right to record
programming I pay for. Has this been retracted?

The cable companies have contrived a way to get a "right" they are not
entitled to, why should the government be required to perpetuate it? Here's a
chance to take back what is legally ours and was stolen from us by the
cable/media companies.