[mythtv-users] cleanup script for recordedseek table?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 4 17:23:16 UTC 2009

On 12/04/2009 06:52 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> Maybe some orphaned recording data there. Do you have such a big table
>> for that, and would you happen to have a script that would clean that
>> one up? It's too big job to do it manually for 623k lines... :(
>>
> Sounds fine. My has over 1,000,000 records for 243 shows using 73MB of
> memory. Looking at the timestamps of records, they look roughly like
> they match what I have recorded. Most are within 30 days (which is how
> long I have myth keep deleted recordings), with a few dozen scattered
> over the last year (which is about how many things I have sitting
> around waiting to be watched). So it seems pretty certain to me that
> myth is handling the cleanup automatically.

Yeah, for MPEG-2 recordings you typically get 2 entries per second.

The recodedseek table grows linearly with the amount of recorded video
on your system.  The rest of the database tends to be pretty much steady
state.

Note, also, that MythTV automatically cleans up the recordedseek (and
all other recorded* tables).  So, if you run mythbackend, your table is
as clean as it could possibly be.

Mike