[mythtv-users] VDPAU card power consumption

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Dec 4 15:42:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Johnny <jarpublic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably the biggest difference will be between a discrete card vs and
> integrated GPU. If you think you would be happy with some of the less
> powerful deinterlacers, then maybe you should go with an
> 8300/9300/9400 integrated on the motherboard.

The problem is you are talking about a $100+ motherboard vs a $30-$40
graphics card. That $70 or so buys a decent bit of power consumption.
And these are dedicated frontend machines, so not on 24x7, though they
aren't always "in use" when on...I have no idea what the in-use
percentage would be off the top of my head.