[mythtv-users] Any Asus Aspire Revo Users Out There?

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Fri Dec 4 08:17:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

> If you're using an Asus Aspire Revo and have HDMI audio working, would you
> please share your configuration information.

> VDPAU and everything else works great on my Asus Aspire AR1600-U910H but I've
> spent many, many hours trying to HDMI audio to work. You can see some of the
> details here:

> https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23567&forum=39

> Even if you're not on CentOS, let me know what your configuration (module
> parameters, etc.) looks like. I'd really appreciate it.

I've got  a couple of Acer Aspre Revos running mythbuntu with Audio over hdmi. Since I'm just using the TVs built-in stereo speakers, I've configured volume control via myth.

/etc/asound.conf:
=================
# Jon B's ASound.Conf file for HDMI Audio on MythTV
# HDMI configuration with volume control for MythTV
# For ALSA 1.0.19  - 1/31/2009

# Instructions for use
# 1) Find your hmdi hardware Card Number and Device Number.  Open a terminal and do:
#    aplay -L
#    That will list all of the hardware audio devices.  Look for the one labeled HDMI.
#    Note what Card Number and Device Number it lists (they seem to be card 0,
#    device 3 but your system may be different).
# 2) Edit the pcm.hdmi_hw device defined here to set your Card Number and Device Number.
# 3) Put this file in either /etc/asound.conf or in your home directory as .asoundrc.
#    sudo cp deweys_asound.conf.txt /etc/asound.conf
#      or
#    sudo cp deweys_asound.conf.txt $HOME/.asound.conf
# 4) Exit mythfrontend.  Then restart the sound system:
#    sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart
# 5) Start mythfrontend and go to the audio setup screen
#    "Utilities / Setup"  then "Setup" then "General" then "Next" until you
#    get to the Audio tab.
# 6) Fill in the info - it's case sensitive:
#    Audio output device: ALSA:hdmi_complete     <--- note you have to type in this field
#    Passthrough output devide: Default
#     ... Stereo... ... Passive...
#    Mixer Device: ALSA:default
#    Mixer controls: hdmi_volume                 <--- type in this field
# 7) Work your way back to Watch TV and give it a try.

pcm.hdmi_hw {
  type hw
  card 0     #  <-----  Put your card number here
  device 3   #  <-----  Put your device number here