[mythtv-users] cards vs sources vs inputs confusion, problems and possible bugs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Thu Dec 3 21:02:51 UTC 2009

Michael T. Dean píše v Čt 03. 12. 2009 v 15:35 -0500:
> > I have been playing with various switches that could be affecting that
> > and now I am running into some kind of a busy loop where mythbacked and
> > mysql both hog the CPU at 100%. That's worse than before :-)
>
> Another case of too many settings with too many combinations to test,
> probably.  So the hard part will likely be figuring out how to make it
> reproducible.

It's actually not that hard. If you want the Live TV to work normally
you definitely want to (in TV Settings -> General and Playback OSD):
1) Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows
2) Allow live TV to move scheduled shows
3) Always use Browse mode in live TV
4) Browse all channels

BTW, I do have the same settings as I had before but now it's getting
stuck while before it was just ignoring my channum choice in the Browse
mode. This is probably because I went ahead and entered my desired
channum directly when in live TV (not using the Browse mode). I've got
the channel I wanted (it correctly used the free tuner) but now the
Browse mode goes crazy - whenever I use ArrowUp/Down the CPU usage goes
to 100%.

I'll try to run the mythbacked with some debugging as soon as my current
recordings finish.

Right now the steps to reproduce would be: two cards, same channels get
same channums and callsigns. With the above mentioned switches enabled
start recording on card#1, then another recording on card#2, stop
recording on card#1 and enter live TV. Browse mode will not let you go
to card#1 and if you enter the channum that forces live TV to use card#1
then as soon as you try using the Browse mode it all gets stuck with CPU
at 100%. But maybe it's even easier to reproduce, will try and report.

Petr