[mythtv-users] Seek data lost on partial restore (bug)?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 3 20:19:00 UTC 2009

On 12/03/2009 03:12 PM, Greg Cope wrote:
> 2009/12/3 Michael T. Dean:
>
>> I'd need the output of your restore to tell.  You did do a proper restore,
>> right--i.e. you restored a MythTV 0.22 database backup into a MythTV 0.22
>> database schema (or a MythTV 0.21 database backup into a MythTV 0.21
>> database schema)?
>>
> 0.20 upgraded to 0.22, backup, drop db, recreate, run myth setup, do
> partial restore.
>
> I think that is how I did it.
>
> I will send you the restore directly when I can get to it.

I meant the output of the specific mythconverg_restore.pl run (i.e. to
see if there were errors--though chances are you'd have seen them).

You shouldn't have lost the seek/markup info, so either there was a
problem a) during the DB upgrade, b) during the backup, c) during the
restore.

Have you tried going back to the full backup?  (There's really no good
reason to do a partial restore unless you have database corruption, so
if the full backup works, I recommend just using it.)

Mike