[mythtv-users] Any Asus Aspire Revo Users Out There?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:27:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> 2) Are you sure that the HDMI port on your TV is correctly reporting
>> that it supports audio?  Again, I don't know where to look nor what to
>> look for to verify this, but perhaps others on this list can point you
>> in the right direction.
>
> That thought occurred to me just last night. My xorg.conf file is setup to
> *ignore* EDID stuff so I can output a fixed resolution. This allows me to make
> remote changes and reboot the MythTV host without the TV needing to be powered
> on and providing EDID information:
>
>    Option      "UseEDID" "false"
>    Option      "ModeValidation"
> "NoEdidModes,NoEdidDFPMaxSizeCheck,NoMaxSizeCheck,NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck
> NoEdidMaxPClkCheck,NoMaxPClkCheck,
> AllowNon60HzDFPModes,NoVertRefreshCheck,NoHorizSyncCheck"

Try getting rid of the "UseEDID false" line.  That solved my
audio-over-HDMI woes when I was struggling with it.  I believe that by
completely ignoring EDID, the driver is also ignoring the fact that
the display says it can accept audio, so the driver doesn't send
audio.  My relevant lines are:

    Option         "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "true"
    #Option         "UseEDID" "False"
    Option         "ModeValidation" "NoWidthAlignmentCheck,
NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck"

Jim