[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Dec 3 18:31:22 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:

> There are quiet fans available, which anyone with normal hearing shouldn't
> be bothered with.
>
> Of course, having lived in Manhattan for many years, I am somewhat
> immune to noise. I often wonder where some of the people complaining
> about fan noise live, in an anechoic chamber? My watch makes more noise
> than some fans I have heard.
>
> </tongue-in-cheek>

And ISTR that you now live somewhere in one of the least densely
populated states in the lower 48 (or 55 depending on who is counting).
And if so, have you been *back* lately to NY.

My wife and I lived in downtown Toronto for many years. Quite near the
Gardiner Expressway. Always noisy.
Then bought a house in the quiet country.

COULD NOT SLEEP THE FIRST NIGHT! TOO DAMN QUIET!

Used to that now. We can recognize the dogs 2 blocks over from their
bark. My wife complains about the ticking noise the hard drive makes in
the mythbox, across the room....

Geoff