[mythtv-users] Seek data lost on partial restore (bug)?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 3 18:26:17 UTC 2009

On 12/03/2009 01:10 PM, Greg Cope wrote:
> Doing a partial restore during an upgrade I appear to have lot all my
> seek data and cutpoints.
>
> I used the partial instructions here;
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
>

> Is this a bug?
>
> I can fix I with mythcomflag --repair but this looks like it will take
> a while on 600Gb of recordings!

I'd need the output of your restore to tell.  You did do a proper
restore, right--i.e. you restored a MythTV 0.22 database backup into a
MythTV 0.22 database schema (or a MythTV 0.21 database backup into a
MythTV 0.21 database schema)?

If not, you need to redo your partial restore correctly (as your data
got mangled by MySQL--and, your database schema may have, too, depending
on certain other factors).
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/405443#405443 for
some suggestions.

/me makes a note to have the restore script check DB Schema Version for
partial restores

Mike