[mythtv-users] Fox HD specifications was: Playback issues with 0.22 + 5.1 audio only for the show House (HD), plays too fast?

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Wed Dec 2 18:29:50 UTC 2009

Tom said:

> I record FOX (WUTV Buffalo) OTA with an HDHR, and I usually have
> issues, not with audio, but something with the frame rate is screwy, I
> think. For Fringe, it always shows the length as double what it should
> be, and skipping is troublesome. For Family Guy and American Dad, the
> length is correct, but skipping is also hit or miss. I don't usually
> notice any issues with House. Not sure what the problem might be, or
> if it is even related to yours, and it is more of an annoyance than
> anything, but it is still an issue.

I also record WUTV Buffalo, using either a pchdtv 5500 (primary) or HDHR
(secondary), usually sports but also others, and have never had any
problem with the recordings.

Since it is mainly sports that I record from FOX, the programs usually
aren't commflagged yet (at least I assume they are not) since I watch
them soon after they are recorded (or else I'd already knew who won!).

Also, Simpsons get recorded each week from FOX without any hitches.

Jon S.