[mythtv-users] Fox HD specifications was: Playback issues with 0.22 + 5.1 audio only for the show House (HD), plays too fast?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed Dec 2 15:38:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Alan Marchiori <alan at alanmarian.com> wrote:

> Since no one else seems to have any ideas about my previous message I
> have been thinking that House is the only HD show I'm watching on Fox
> at the moment.... so is there anything strange/unique about Fox's HD
> broadcasts?  I know it is 720p, since this is the only channel I have
> problems with do they use a strange frame rate or audio encoding?  The
> local affiliate is KDVR and I am tuning with an HDHR over clear QAM
> from comcast.  As I said previously, I can watch other HD (720p/1080)
> broadcasts without any problems...

It could be the local station doing something nutty with the stream. I
record House on FOX with an HDHR and it has never caused me any trouble. It
could also be Comcast. I'm using ATSC here, not QAM, so perhaps something is
up with their stuff. Have you tried using CPU decoding or another player
program like MPlayer or VLC?