[mythtv-users] HD-PVR: Encoding Errors Running 0.22

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Wed Dec 2 15:12:18 UTC 2009

Johnny Walker wrote:
>> Is your CPU single core or multi core?  If multi, are you using irqbalance?
>>

> My backend with the HD-PVR is a single core : "AMD Athlon(tm) 64
> Processor 3800+"
>
> Could that be why it's pretty stable for me?

That's one of the things I'm wondering about.  I have a AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2
Dual Core Processor 4200+.  The other thing I'm wondering about is the
motherboard chipset.   Do you know if your motherboard has a AMD/ATI or Nvidia
chipset on it?  I am using a Nvidia NForce 6150 based board.

Do you know if you have the cpufreq and cpufreq-ondemand modules loaded or
compiled in your kernel?  You should be able to do this command
  cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
to see if it is loaded and which governor is being used.

Alan