[mythtv-users] Remote control receiver

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Tue Dec 1 18:30:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Vitani <vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> Does anyone know if if I got a USB IR receiver (like the one supplied with
> this - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/129977) could I "train" MythTV to
> respond to my TV's remote control?

As the other post mentioned, it's probably going to show up as a keyboard
and I have had trouble getting those working to my satisfaction. This one,
however, I found very easy to set up and seems to read any remote I want to
use. This is nice as I can use the same LIRC config on both frontends, one
using the HDHomeRun IR receiver and one using this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121001

Your link price is in UKP, so you might not want to use Newegg, but the part
number might help you find a UK supplier.