[mythtv-users] Disable key repeat for keyboard in Mythfrontend

Nikolai Belkin nikolaibelkin at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:11:42 UTC 2009

Hi there. I'm using mythtv 0.21.

I was wondering if it was possible to somehow disable key repeats from occurring in mythfrontend when using a keyboard.
I don't want to disable key repeats globally (i.e. want to use key repeats for other programs) but wanted to disable key repeats only inside mythfrontend.
Is this possible?

I want to do this because I am sick of holding down any key in mythfrontend for slightly too long and getting an action being executed more than once (which is still tolerable for play/pause but really annoying for recording/switching input in livetv).
It would be even better if it was configurable s.t. I can have repeat keys for the arrow keys but all other keys have some sort of a delay between successive events.

This problem is especially evident when giving the keyboard to someone who is new to mythtv and constantly sees this problem.
In fact since there is no visual confirmation of changing inputs in livetv, someone can hold the 'y' button down for a sec or two and this seems to freeze mythfrontend entirely.

Surely I'm not the first user who has had this problem and would like some sort of a solution to it.