[mythtv-users] Best latest Ion Boards?

BobW bob_pub_mailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 1 13:58:44 UTC 2009

Andrew Close wrote:
> Tom, is that for the remote, the USB I/R dongle, or both?
> i currently have a Logitech Harmony 670 as my remote and i'm using the
> I/R receiver that came with my PVR-250.  but in my new ION F/E (that
> should arrive today :) i won't have room for the PVR-250, so no I/R
> receiver.
> initially i'm planning on trying to use the I/R receiver that's built
> into my HDHR, but i've heard that's tricky to get working and then a
> so-so solution...

I had no problems setting up the HDHR remote receiver. Just follow the
LIRC instructions at:
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/instructions/mythtv

Once the HDHR starts sending commands, your existing remote profile/key
config should work find.

The biggest problem I have is when someone moves the HDHR and it cannot
see the remote signals anymore.

Bob