[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and Myth .22

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Mon Aug 31 21:44:23 UTC 2009

James Crow wrote:
> With the release of .22 perhaps as soon as next month I wanted to see
> where the HD-PVR stands.
>
> I have read the wiki page and with the newest firmware the wiki
> indicates that it is rather stable.
>
> Are there any remaining issues with video resolution switches or
> switches between SPDIF and RCA jacks for audio? Should I hook up both
> audio inputs or will that confuse things?
>
> I do not actually own one yet, but it seems like everything is lining
> up for the next month or two to be the time to purchase one.
>
> Thanks,
> James

My set up seems to be quite stable so long as the input doesn't change
resolutions.  From the list some people seem to have that working but
for me I had to exit and go back in for it to adjust.  Apparently there
is a fix that will resolve that - I'm just surprised it hasn't made it
into trunk.  I used a fixed resolution for the most part at 720p.

I use spdif to a 7.1 system and I get full AC3 passthrough without
issue.  I don't know about the other audio in but if I recall, this is
selected in setup so its not easily switched on the go.

The various audio inputs are selected through the source connections so
that doesn't seem to be an issue.

I've had the HD-PVR for a long time now - and I love it.  Wouldn't give
it up for anything.  Once you get your particular setup working, it just
works.

Norm