[mythtv-users] Live TV Playback is too slow - mythtv-0.21-211

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:20:21 UTC 2009

> I'm capturing whatever is broadcasted in Freeview channels in the UK, not
> sure if some channels are already in the HD...
No none of the channels are in HD yet(There have been some trials in
London I believe)

> Thank you very much for that advice, it helpded a lot, picture is now
> smooth, I also changed sound input to alsa:default and sound is OK as welll.
> Also I have to admit the picture is in a little bit less quality comparing
> to live playback on the TV - I assume it is because of this Slim profile.

I in the past used an EPIA M1000 which may be similar to yours.  When
I connected via S-Video and a scart adapter there was a noticeable
difference in quality between the myth box and the integrated Sony
tuner in the TV.  After experimenting I explained this partly by the
fact the S-Video isn't that great, but also the particular output on
the EPIA board.  Another motherboard with S-Video output gave a much
better picture.   If this is how you are connecting the board then it
may be an explanation

Just re-read your email and realised that it is a Jetway board, but
anyway what I was saying about S-Video may still hold true.

Stephen