[mythtv-users] "Forget Old" button broken in mythweb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 31 03:09:44 UTC 2009

On 08/30/2009 03:53 AM, nik gibson wrote:
> It seems the button "forget old" is broken in mythweb.

It works fine for me on SVN trunk r21597 (I /just/ tested it to prove to
myself) and, TTBOMK, there were no commits anytime in the last few
months that would have affected it.

>   I'm running the weekly mythweb trunk builds and I've confirmed that
> the "forget old" button in the mythweb does not trigger the program to
> be re-recorded

Note that Forget Old has never triggered a program to be re-recorded.
It simply marks the episode such that it is not considered in duplicate
matching.  Therefore, you still need to have an active recording rule
that matches the episode for it to be re-recorded (or you need to create
a new rule).

> though it triggers a re-schedule message in the backend log.

And, if it's not re-recording after the reschedule that almost
definitely means you have no active recording rules matching the
episode.  If the episode is still listed as a duplicate, then I'd need a
lot more information to tell you exactly what's happening because the
rules of duplicate matching are rather complex and don't always work the
way you'd think.

If you're looking at the database directly and noticing that the episode
is still listed in there after Forget Old, then you're making
assumptions about the data that are untrue.  You should really be using
the UI to manage your Previously Recorded.  Specifically, go into
mythfrontend's Previously Recorded screen, find the episode and hit D
(which is DELETE and /not/ the same as MythWeb's Forget Old--Forget Old
is more like the "Allow this episode to be re-recorded" you get from the
menu and MythWeb doesn't have a Previously Recorded page, so doesn't
have the DELETE functionality).

Mike