[mythtv-users] Small change EPG for 0.22?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:32:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 3:18 PM, raptor jr<raptorjr at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The same thing for EPG information. Of course it should be up to the themer
> to deside what information to be shown. But if the themer desides he wants
> to show a channel number and a icon, and there is no icon available, i think
> it would look better with the callsign shown instead is a empty spot. And
> that functionallity should be in the widget. No icon?-->callsign
>
> Only my proposal because i thought it would look better.

I understand that your heart is in the right place, but you are using
unfinished software that everyone w/ commit privileges is killing
themselves to make actually *work* so that we can get a release out
the door.  At this time, suggestions on how things should work are not
helpful and at times, frustrating.  You are using unfinished code that
is in feature freeze.  Moreover, it's code that is a work in progress,
particularly the UI code-- If we are very lucky everything the MythUI
set out to do will be done by .24 or so.

It would be much appreciated if you focused your attentions on bug
finding, rather than usability stuff.  We have what we have for .22,
and barely the manpower to stabilize what we have by the proposed
release date.  What's more, what you are suggesting is not as simple
as you think it is, especially when you are talking about attributes
of two entirely different types-- text vs. images.

Robert