[mythtv-users] MythTV DB upgrade from schema 1160 to 1214 stuck at schema 1181?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:29:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Michael T. Dean<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/30/2009 03:21 PM, Craig Huff wrote:

>> A separate terminal window opened and started reporting progress with
>> messages about "Upgrading to schema version nnnn", however this
>> stopped at version 1181 about twenty minutes ago -- it only took about
>> 30 seconds to get from 1160 to 1181.
>>
>> I doubt it is supposed to take this long.  Any one have advice on what
>> I do next?
>
> Yeah, it shouldn't take that long.
>
> If you stop it mid-1182 update, it won't hurt, as 1182 is idempotent.  So,
> feel free to kill it, then restart and see if it works the 2nd time.
>
> (Note that if it happens to have gone beyond that update, other updates may
> not be as forgiving as 1182, so make sure you keep that pre-upgrade backup.)
>
> Mike

Thanks!

I tried a couple of things and was starting to run the MythBuntu 9.04
install over again when I got a scare about my /video partition not
being mountable -- It worked the first time -- something about not
finding a JFS file system on it.  Reverting to the old 0.20.2 FC6
system found it okay, so it must have been something hinky from the
abort/restart/reboot in MythBuntu 9.04.

Next time maybe I won't have to redefine the mythtv password in mySQL
now that I stumbled on where MythBuntu keeps it (probably the standard
location I just forgot about after using 0.20.2 for two -or is it
three- years).

Ran out of time to work on it this weekend (boss's orders :-] ), so
I'll have to try again later.

When I get this going, I hope to put a wiki page together on what I
had to do (and try to explain why) to get from FC6 MythTV 0.20.2 to
MythBuntu 9.04 MythTV 0.21.xxx.

Craig.