[mythtv-users] Small change EPG for 0.22?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 30 20:57:24 UTC 2009

On 08/30/2009 08:35 AM, raptor jr wrote:
> I have a proposal, and could only hope that some developer think it is
> a good idea.
>
> I dont have icons for all my channels and now in mythweb epg and
> mythfrontend epg i only see the channel number for some channels. I
> think it would be nice if there is no icon available the callsign is
> shown instead. In browse mode this is not a problem, both icon and
> callsign is shown.

In trunk (and, eventually, in 0.22), MythWeb has a setting, "Prefer
channel number over callsign."  By toggling that setting off, you'll get
the channel callsign in the MythWeb Program Listings page.

In mythfrontend, the EPG displays both channel number and callsign
(though in some themes, the designer may have made the area small so
that only channel number is visible).  In the future, it will probably
be up to the themer to decide what information is displayed.  (Patches
greatly appreciated.)

Mike