[mythtv-users] Call for iMON testing

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Aug 30 17:10:35 UTC 2009

On Sunday 30 August 2009 11:06:28 Christian Szpilfogel wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:

> > No, the ffdc, at least under linux, only supports the imon native
> > remotes, its only 0034 - 0046 devices that can do RC-6 as well.
> >

> >> My remote is definitely a RM200 remote ...
> >>
> >> The imon device is Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc.
> >>

> > Yeah, that's the newer iMON LCD. I have more or less the same thing,
> > just Antec-branded, with device ID 0045 instead.
> >

> This is all a bit strange but I went back to double check and my Antext
> Fusion Black 430 is definitely reporting:
> Bus 001 Device 003: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller
>
> and it definitely is only accepting RC-6 codes on mine. It is running
> linux with lircd 0.8.3-CVS-pvr150-2 (which is what Knoppmyth bundles in).

Hrm. Interesting. Perhaps the ffdc actually *can* be put into either
imon or rc6 protocol mode, its just done differently than on the newer
devices. That, or you actually *do* have tx control endpoints on your
ffdc device, which is entirely possible. SoundGraph made the entirely
sucktastic decision to use the ffdc device ID for a LOT of different
devices, wasn't until recently they got a clue... Can you try to load
lirc_imon with debug=1 and see what all spits out? Curious to see what
all is reported about yours...

> BTW, the version for knoppmyth is coming from
> http://www.blushingpenguin.com/mark/blog/?p=24coo apparently to enable
> the PVR-150's IR blaster. I don't know if anyone has considered bringing
> this into the main stream.

Christoph doesn't want it in lirc cvs, due to the required binary blob,
but that's been in my git tree as lirc_zilog for ages now -- its the
same driver that will support the IR part in the hdpvr soon.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com