[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR blaster

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 16:40:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Saturday 29 August 2009 21:39:42 Oz wrote:
> >
> > I am in a process of installing HD-PVR in mythtv.
> >
> > Is there a changing channel program for DISH HD box, that is compatible
> > with the built in IR blaster.
>
> The IR part isn't yet fully functional under Linux. Should be soon
> though.
>
> --

"Soon" as in a week or so, or "soon" as in any month now? :)  I'm certainly
no lirc contributer so please don't take the question as in ingrate being
impatient.

I only ask because my current serial blaster has decided to become less
accurate since an update from mythbuntu 8.04 to 9.04 (drops about 1 in 15
digits now), and I'm in the market for a new blaster.  The iguanaworks one
didn't work for me, which leaves my options at either commandir ii for a lot
of money or hd-pvr for a little bit more (since it's on sale and with a
rebate, deal ends tomorrow).

I've been following the hd-pvr updates for ir blasting threads over at the
sagetv forums.  It seems like they're having luck, but I think they use the
sage app to communicate with the i2c device instead of lirc.  Or maybe I'm
misinterpreting what they're saying.

Anyways, any hints would be appreciated :)

--Jack