[mythtv-users] grabbing epgdata and related questions

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 10:15:35 UTC 2009

On 30/08/2009, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:
> Nick Morrott schrieb:
>
>  Hard to believe that noone uses this grabber successfully?

I was referring to the general problem of configuring XMLTV with
MythTV when you have lots of channels to configure. I don't have any
personal experience of the eu_epgdata grabber, but the daily status
report (http://www.xmltv.se/validator/nightly/) shows it to be working
with non-fatal issues.

>  Right now I have the situation that the grabber downloads some zips and
>  then crashes again:
>
>  $ /usr/bin/tv_grab_eu_epgdata --days 5 --output epg-daten.xml
>  Downloading zip file for day 1
>  Downloading zip file for day 2
>  Downloading zip file for day 3
>  Downloading zip file for day 4
>  Downloading zip file for day 5
>  Downloading include zip file
>  Your PIN will expire around Fri Aug 27 00:00:00 MEST 2010
>  Can't call method "text" on an undefined value at
>  /usr/bin/tv_grab_eu_epgdata line 402.

That's an issue with the grabber. XMLTV grabber problems need to be
reported to the XMLTV bug tracker and the xmltv-users list (see
http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XMLTVProject for links).

Cheers,
Nick

--