[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Aug 30 06:48:54 UTC 2009

> If you have been compiling as 32bit until now, you will have to do a lot
> more work than just dropping in my make.conf
> Changing CHOST is a pretty complex process. You can find docs how do that
> here, http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml
>
> You mention cross compiling, I'm not doing it here. AMD64 is a keyword not
> compiler. If your 2 machines have difference CHOST's that is cross
> compiling. The zotac boards can be run with a CHOST of x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> or i686-pc-linux-gnu, however you get the most out of the system when
> using
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. If both your systems are x86_64-pc-linux-gnu then you
> also won't be doing cross compiling.
> If however, your other machine is i686-pc-linux-gnu you will have to setup
> cross compile config. You can do this by following these instructions,
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/cross-development.xml
>
> If you are planning .21 I recommend John Drescher's overlay,
> http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay
>
> When you are ready, I have been maintaining an overlay of my own for trunk
> at http://wiki.github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv
>
> Read the wiki for both to see how to set them up.
>
> Marc

The trouble with Gentoo is that it has been so stable for me I forget what
to do - this is my third build from scratch in 6 years and it looks like I
have started from the wrong stage3 - I chose the i686 one (which I assume
is 32 bit) and I can't now compile gmp. Looks like I'll have to blow away
the whole chroot environment and start again as I started with a linux32
chroot - at least I have a world file I can start from now :-)

I guess I should be using an amd64 stage 3 file? - I'll put that into a
new chroot and start again - should be ready by morning!!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks