[mythtv-users] Call for iMON testing

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sun Aug 30 00:45:20 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> I have a RM200, with an Antec Fusion Remote Black ... I use a Harmony
> 880 remote as well that got automatically programmed.
>
> Using lirc 0.8.2 (the one that came with Jaunty, with extra patch for
> working with the Antec).
>
> When using the Harmony, when I press any buttons it only repeats a few
> times (maybe a dozen times at best). This is quite annoying when
> scrolling down a long list..
>
> Do you get the same with your harmony 880?
>
> I always assumed that the problem came from the logitech codes ; IIRC
> I chose Antec Fusion Remote in their db.
I think this is the Harmony codes that are probably too long or set to
repeat. They could use some tidying up. I believe someone on the
knoppmyth boards was working with Logitech to tighten those up as a
general update.

I use both an 880 and an 890 (two different front ends). I do get
repeats but I am able to absorb them using the "repeat" command in
lircrc. The guy I mentioned on the knoppmyth board was using a 500
series Harmony and he was not able to absorb the extra IR commands.
Logtech techs worked with him on fixing that.

Now with Antec Fusion Black I thought that used the ffdc device only
which I believe is only a RC-6 receiver (not imon rm200).

Christian