[mythtv-users] Call for iMON testing

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Sat Aug 29 15:22:55 UTC 2009

Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> I finally got a chance to test this on KnoppMyth 5.5 with device:
>> Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0043 SoundGraph Inc.
>>

> Can you verify exactly what device that is? I don't know if I've got
> it marked 100% correct in the lirc_imon source... I have:
>
> /* Antec Veris Multimedia Station Basic Internal */

yes. That is exactly what it is. Incredible value given it sees all codes.

I'll also be testing it on my Antec Veris Black 430 which has an LCD. It
has ID:
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

Can both of these now use either imon or mce rc-6?

>> It seems to work well for the tests I did. However I did notice that the
>> IR codes changed somewhat. For example, eliminating toggle bit on one
>> stream (so neither requires it) and returning 64bit values, for example:
>>
>> On /dev/lirc1 I used to have:
>> PrevChapter              0x2B9115B7
>>
>> I now get on /dev/lirc0:
>> PrevChapter              0x2B9115B700000201
>>
>> On /dev/lirc0 I used to have:
>> 1                        0x200001E
>>
>> I now have:
>> 1                        0x0200001E00000000
>>

> Yeah, using the full 64 bits is necessary for handling all the possible
> codes on the newer devices.
>

>> So I guess we will have to regenerate the lircd.conf (unless someone has
>> already done this).
>>

> See lircd.conf.imon-antec-veris, it should actually work for any device
> in the 0x0034 to 0x0046 range, antec-branded or soundgraph-branded. I
> use this myself with both the iMON remote and my Harmony 880 now.

I was concerned that the codes ended in different suffixes (000 vs 201)
as I hadn't noticed the mask before. But it works.

I only note a few missing codes. I can make the mods to the lircd.conf
and send it to you for inclusion if you wish. For reference, I am using
a Harmony remote with RM200 codes programmed in.
>> Also note that I could not get lirc-0.8.6pre1 to compile on knoppmyth
>> however the cvs version compiles just fine. With pre1 I was getting the
>> following make failure:
>>

> Yeah, that was a targeted fix in cvs. lirc-0.8.6pre2 ought to be out
> this weekend, fwiw.

Perfect, I will re-verify in pre2 as well and discuss picking up pre2
with the LinHes team.