[mythtv-users] grabbing epgdata and related questions

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Aug 28 21:06:26 UTC 2009

Greets, mythtv-users,

yesterday I wanted to make my life with mythtv somewhat more comfortable
and chose to get a 1y-subscription at epgdata.com to be able to retrieve
program data via tv_grab_eu_epgdata.

I am located in Austria, EU, so for getting proper program data this
seems the way to go.

Got my PIN and started.

Now I am drowned between channel_ids and xmltvids, editing tables and
stuff and wondering why I have to edit stuff when the relations between
channels etc. should be clear in times of digital television ...

I don't want to rant, I just want to ask before I completely lose track
here.

I added xmltvids via mythweb, but only see some program data shown.

I had to get tv_grab_eu_epgdata 1.30 to get things running, what about
that /usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_eu_epgdata/channel_ids ? I substituted
this as well, afai understand it helps the grabber to write a fitting
xml? Do I have to edit channel_ids? I think no ...

I have two DVB-S cards. Is it possible to use EIT/epg-data plus grabbed
epgdata, for both cards? I was only able to link the 2 cards to either
the eit-source or a source using the grabber (right now I have only the
grabber-source configured). I don't fully understand yet, I see the
column in the db (use epg or no), but there is nearly no program data
visible right now.

Couldn't someone provide a recent sql-dump with xmltvids and proper
channel-infos? Why do all the howtos tell me to fiddle around with all
this ... (and some scripts which promise to help are offline) ?

I had more program-data available yesterday, with epg only ... *sigh*

I really tried hard, starting over several times, removing cards and
sources, rescanning etc ........

--

Please understand that I am somewhat frustrated, I am sure that I miss
something. I'd like to get this working again asap, as I really

Thanks for any pointers, Stefan