[mythtv-users] Attic antenna

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Fri Aug 28 20:37:56 UTC 2009

I have had a copy of the infamous quad bow-tie antenna placed
behind my 40" Samsung LCD for quite some time.
Can't even be seen since it's a nice corner cabinet.
The 0 dollar guy really works quite well even out to forty miles or so.
Now I want to move it or some other antenna up to the attic

Questions:
I have read that the old style 300 ohm twin lead has a lower loss
per foot than coax.. true/false ?
Since this will be about a sixty foot run, would the twin lead be a better deal?
It would be well protected and not be close to any metal.

What if this design was expanded to six or eight bow tie pairs?

There are many antennas on ebay that claim good reception
out to as much as one hundred miles on indoor installations.
Is this just hype or has anyone actually got results like this?

I really! don't want an outside antenna, been there, done that.

I have cable but again I'm trying to get around the one STB
per channel problem.

Many thanks,
   Bert