[mythtv-users] (US) Goodbye to unencrypted QAM...

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 18:45:22 UTC 2009

The quality content is already shifting towards internet sources, and
traditional cable providers are not keeping up.  It's obvious that they,
like the record companies, are slow to adopt innovative business models.
 They get a decision like this, and think they've actually won a round, when
in reality, they are hastening their fall.  If they don't make their product
fulfill the needs of the customer, they will lose.  They are
already hemorrhaging, and rather than offering a better value, they're
installing roadblocks.
They say that you get what you pay for.  With cable TV, I feel you get much
less.  Good bye and good riddance. I can't envision a day when I will again
pay for TV.  I've seen what content is available, and what the alternatives
are, and the choice is clear to me.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I feel
that changing in the near future. -Jason