[mythtv-users] Help compiling mythtv from svn on Fedora

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:56:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:29 AM, John Nissley<jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:
> I do have the NVIDIA drivers installed. I was initially using kmod-nvidia,
> then tried installing from the nvidia package to see if that would make any
> difference and it did not. In fact when I tried to install the nvidia devel
> it installed the kmod-nvidia package again.
> I am currently trying to figure out where to place the --disable-vdpau
> command in the spec file (my first few tries did not work) just to see if I
> can get a compile to complete.
> I tried the following in the spec file
> # --without nvidia Disable NVidia XvMC and VDPAU support
> --without nvidia
> I just added the --without nvidia below the comment line but it did not
> work. What is the correct method to remove the vdpau compile when using the
> spec file?
>
> I am now getting the following error
> d mythshutdown/ && /usr/lib64/qt4/bin/qmake mythshutdown.pro -unix
> PREFIX=/usr/local -o Makefile
> /usr/lib64/libGL.so: undefined reference to `_nv000030gl'
> ../../libs/libavcodec/libmythavcodec-0.22.so: undefined reference to
> `aac_decoder'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [mythtv] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.22/mythtv-0.22/programs/mythtv'
> make[1]: *** [sub-mythtv-make_default] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/mythtv-0.22/mythtv-0.22/programs'
> make: *** [sub-programs-make_default-ordered] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.jpyxPA (%build)
>

> RPM build errors:
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.jpyxPA (%build)
> MythTV build error.

I don't use Fedora, so I can't speak for its packages.  What version
of the NVIDIA driver does the 'kmod-nvidia' package install?  Perhaps
its older, and doesn't include VDPAU (I think the minimum required
driver version is 180.06).

As for disabling the VDPAU support in the spec file, simply
un-commenting the line will not work.  You need to include the switch
on the command that builds the RPM file.  (i.e. rpmbuild -bb
mythtv.spec --without nvidia).

Alternatively, you can modify the spec file directly.  The configure
options are defined near line 889 in the spec file (my version is
r21546).

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com