[mythtv-users] Rogers - Firewire in Ottawa, Canada

Norm mlists at dressler.ca
Thu Aug 27 23:31:15 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Norm<mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:
>
>> Robert McNamara wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Eric Sharkey<eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Norm Dressler<mlists at dressler.ca> wrote:
>>

>> The problem is everything HD PVR records is at the same resolution
>> regardless of incoming quality.
>>

>> Could you mean "everything HD PVR records is at the same bit rate
>> regardless of incoming resolution"?
>>
>> That makes slightly more sense.
>>
>> Eric
>>

>> Even that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, since the HD-PVR is
>> capable of both constant and Variable bitrates.
>>
>> Robert
>>

>> Well, my cable box is set to output 720p - and that is what the hd-pvr
>> records.  I'll check the cable box to see if there is a variable dependent
>> on source but I doubt it...
>>
>> Norm
>>

> Then the fault would be with the STB, not the HD-PVR.
>
> Robert

I agree -- there's nothing wrong the HD-PVR - I love it for my HD Set up.

It's for my lower powered box I'm looking to get signal on.

That all being said, I'm experimenting with have the box change output
signals based on source.  I added in the other resolutions in the STB so
lets see what happens.  First run didn't work but it could be the older
v4l drivers I have.  Compiling the latest right now.

Norm