[mythtv-users] Freeview HD NZ - Not having as much success as others....

Kelvin Smith kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 27 20:50:29 UTC 2009

Hey all

With Prime now on Freeview HD, thought that I would start investigating.
I am running CentOS as the OS.  I have downloaded myth-0.21+fixes from
SVN, and applied Jeans 20744.  Reading the list, it would appear that
people in NZ are having quite a bit of success with this, although there
are legacy apps.  I know what is not supported, but any clues could be
greate.

Faults I have:
1) Unable to get stable playback of HD on any channel with VDPAU profile
enabled
2) Stuttering
3) Unable to play TV3 or C4 at all reliably, even with Software decoding.

What I have done (mythtv fixes)
1) Downloaded from SVN
2) Applied Jeans VDPAU patch
3) Applied trac #5400 to get AAC_LATM (Sound) working
4) Using 180.60 NVidia driver on 8600GT card

Seen mentioned elsewhere about increasing the HD buffer.  How/where does
one do this.

Any other ideas?  Also - is it better to go to the 185 driver.  Could this
be better.  Only want to go up if beneficial.

Also, I get the same issues with Trunk (I know incorrect forum) but I am
pitching to those that already have been here.