[mythtv-users] (US) Goodbye to unencrypted QAM...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 27 20:41:29 UTC 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 14:14:54 Jarod Wilson wrote:

> > I pay $120/month for 3Mb/sec. inbound and 1 Mb/sec. outbound with 5
> > static
> > IPs.
>
> Ouch. I pay $99/mo for FiOS business service. 20Mbps in, 5Mbps out, 5
> static IP, no restrictions on servers, etc. But this is a slightly
> more populated area, economies of scale and what have you...

True, Wyoming has the lowest population of any state (including Alaska), with
under 500K people for the entire state.

I am in the "metropolitan" area and capital city, Cheyenne, with about 47K
people total.

Internet options are limited, and unlikely to get better any time soon.

But the extra I spend for internet service is compensated for by lower costs
for most other things. No State income tax, and I pay about $300/year in
property taxes on my house (not a palace, but comfortable). Homes selling for
under $100K are not uncommon, even before the housing crash.

Oh, just filled up my truck for $2.05/gallon.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org