[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX Motherboard for MythTV Frontend

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Aug 27 18:27:32 UTC 2009

On Aug 27, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Ian Hodgson wrote:

> Thanks for the comments; I realise that building a SD system might
> be seen as a short term move, but I do not have the money to replace
> my AV amp and projector and TV. Also, I am running MythTV in the UK
> with a terrestrial digital feed so there is no HD unless I add a SAT
> card. I found a VIA EPIA-CN13000G at www.itx-warehouse.co.uk and
> this has an S-video socket; I guess it comes down to how likely I am
> to be able to get Myth and whatever Linux I use to drive the S-Video
> output.
> Thanks again.

Via EPIA... Painfully slow... Even for SD... (at least, I find my own
M10k board pitifully slow, but that's partially because its somewhat
memory-limited at 256M).

I'd suggest also taking a look at an Intel D945GCLF2 (not LF2D). Its
got an onboard SVideo output. Not sure offhand how functional Linux
support for Intel video SVideo out is though...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com