[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX Motherboard for MythTV Frontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Aug 27 17:01:45 UTC 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 10:53:26 Jim Stichnoth wrote:

> You will probably have a hard time finding a mini-ITX board (or any
> modern board, as far as I can tell) with S-video out.  If you really
> need S-video, you might need to find a mini-ITX board with an
> expansion slot and find a suitable graphics card with S-video out.

S-Video can't handle HD, and the market for SD products is shrinking fast.

You'd be hard put to find a TV on the market today that didn't have an HDMI
input, as well as DVI and/or VGA, so why make a product that can't take
advantage of almost everything being sold.

I agree the discreet vodeo card is the answer to what is really a "niche"
market anymore.
--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org