[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX Motherboard for MythTV Frontend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 16:53:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Ian
Hodgson<ian.hodgson.home at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I am sorry to say that I have an old Yamaha AV amp that does not have
> any new fangled HDMI inputs. It does have SPDIF audio inputs so a m'board
> that supports digital audio out would be just fine.

I'm a big fan of the Zotac IONITX boards, especially the "C" version
that has enough processing power and can run completely silent.
Although it doesn't have S-video, it does have DVI and HDMI, and it
has coaxial and optical digital audio outputs (as well as digital
audio over HDMI).

You will probably have a hard time finding a mini-ITX board (or any
modern board, as far as I can tell) with S-video out.  If you really
need S-video, you might need to find a mini-ITX board with an
expansion slot and find a suitable graphics card with S-video out.

Jim