[mythtv-users] menus spontaneously and uselessly rearranged themselves

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Aug 27 16:18:55 UTC 2009

>> New hostname or IP address?
>
> I guess that's possible. I'm just letting it pick up its ip address through
> DHCP. I'm running BE and FE on the same box, so I didn't think that
> mattered. This seems a bizarre response to changing its IP address.

It doesn't matter that the BE & FE are on the same box. You could
still have additional dedicated FE machines connecting, requiring
their own settings. So the software will always just use whatever
hostname to look it up in the database.

If you want to confirm that this is what happened, open up mythweb and
go to the "Settings Table" page. At the top right there is a dropdown
box labeled "Edit settings for:". In that box will be the names of all
the hosts that have been configured. It sounds like your config should
normally only have 1 host listed (plus the -All Hosts- option). If
this is what happened, you'll probably now find 2 hosts listed.

--
Ron