[mythtv-users] Help compiling mythtv from svn on Fedora

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Aug 27 04:35:39 UTC 2009

On 08/27/2009 12:31 AM, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 23:31:09 Jarod Wilson wrote:
>> On Wednesday 26 August 2009 22:16:19 John Nissley wrote:
>>> I am running a Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 FE/BE combination.  I am now
>>> interested in learning how to build from svn since there are aften some
>>> fixes I would like to add but I have to wait until the next RPM build on
>>> ATRPMS since I can not seem to figure out how to build it myself.
>>>
>>> I found the Installing MythTV SVN on Fedora guide in the wiki but I can
>>> not seem to complete the procedure.  I get the whole way to the qmake
>>> line and then the build fails.
>>>
>>> qmake PREFIX=/usr/local mythtv.pro
>>> settings.pro:72: Unknown replace function: unique
>>>
>>> Any ideas why this is happening or maybe another piece of documentation
>>> that I can use?
>>
>> Both ATrpms and RPM Fusion have svn trunk MythTV packages. Look at
>> their respective spec files for clues on how to build. There's also
>> a spec file in mythtv svn that more or less mirrors the RPM Fusion
>> svn trunk spec file.
>
> Or run the script 'build_myth.sh' which builds the rpm packages for you.  It's
> in trunk/packaging/rpm.

Yeah, the spec file I was referring to is in there too, and used by that
script (which is the work of Chris P. of mythweb fame).

> I prefer building rpms so it's easy to uninstall when
> running trunk.  Just in case.  ;-)

Yup, I always build and install via packages myself too. I actually
maintain a personal yum repo with more or less weekly builds of svn
trunk + vdpau support for Fedora 11 right now.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com