[mythtv-users] Tuner settings lost; can't get tuner working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 26 17:02:08 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 03:58 AM, Guyren Howe wrote:
> pcHDTV HD3000 Mythbuntu 9.04.
>
> My tuner settings were just suddenly gone yesterday. I tried to
> re-create them, but I can't pick up a signal on any channel, and when
> I try to watch TV, I just get snow (?) in 4:3.
>
> Any thoughts?

I'd recommend the capture card portion of:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  On
the first try, there's no need to do the video sources portion (meaning
all your channels stay intact).  If that doesn't work, you may want to
try again, doing both capture cards and video sources (i.e.
reconfiguring it all).

Having "garbage" data in this portion of your configuration can cause
exactly what you saw--everything works fine and then all of a sudden,
without your changing anything, it just stops working.  That's why I
always recommend the "Delete all" approach.

Mike