[mythtv-users] Help with epia m700

Jaume Ponsa blepas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 17:01:28 UTC 2009

Hello, I have an Epia m700 with via chipset vx800.

I spent lot of days / weeks trying to make mythtv functional without
success.

I 've tried openchrome (but after lots of problems i deduced that don't have
DVI support , and the motherboard have only 1 dvi output)

The best option I arrived is with propietary via drivers, download via
drivers for ubuntu 9.04 and:

Whatching TV (dvb-t):
1 - I've tried very diffrent profile options, when I see good image, very
slow, the pictures jumps.
2- when I see normal images, the quality isn't very goog
3- i'm very lost ....

-what is the best profile configuration for this motherboard?
-how can I know if i'm using hardware mpeg2 decoding?
-best xorg.conf options?
- Anyone have success with this moterboard,how please ?

Thank you in advance...