[mythtv-users] 0.21-fixes fc10 BE log 'You have an error in your SQL syntax'

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Aug 26 11:41:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM, John Pilkington<J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> I just found the FE of my FE/BE box showing 'No recordings available' and a
> scheduled recording had not started.  A successful recording had ended about
> 5h30m earlier.  A short sample of the backend terminal output is shown
> below.
>
> System is 0.21-fixes/bijou from ATrpms on fc10/x86_64, all up-to-date.
>
> mysql-5.0.83-2.fc10.x86_64 from Fedora updates.
>
> All appears to be working after a BE restart.  I haven't seen any similar
> messages before.  Any suggestions?
>
> John P
>
> --------------
> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz AutoExpire: ERROR: Filesystem Info
> cache is empty, unable to calculate necessary parameters.
> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz DB Error (LogEntry):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO mythlog (module, priority, logdate, host, message, details)
> values (:MODULE, :PRIORITY, now(), :HOSTNAME, :MESSAGE, :DETAILS );
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':MODULE,
> :PRIORITY, now(), :HOSTNAME, :MESSAGE, :DETAILS )' at line 1
>

> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz DB Error (DelLogEntry#1):
> Query was:
> SELECT logid FROM mythlog WHERE module= :MODULE ORDER BY logdate ASC ;
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':MODULE ORDER BY
> logdate ASC' at line 1
>
> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz mythbackend: Last message repeated 2
> times: Running housekeeping thread
> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz DB Error (LogEntry):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO mythlog (module, priority, logdate, host, message, details)
> values (:MODULE, :PRIORITY, now(), :HOSTNAME, :MESSAGE, :DETAILS );
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':MODULE,
> :PRIORITY, now(), :HOSTNAME, :MESSAGE, :DETAILS )' at line 1
>

> 222yyyy-22MM-22dd 22hh:22mm:22ss.22zzz DB Error (DelLogEntry#1):
> Query was:
> SELECT logid FROM mythlog WHERE module= :MODULE ORDER BY logdate ASC ;
> Driver error was [2/1064]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
> your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':MODULE ORDER BY
> logdate ASC' at line 1

Howdy John,

Searching the archives and google show that a few others have run into
this over the past year and a half.  Assuming you've already run a
database check, two questions:

1. Are you using EIT?

2. You mention a remote machine.  Is the mythtv / mysql on the backend
configured with an IP address rather than 127.0.0.1?

Anyone else seen (and more importantly, fixed) this problem of
obviously incorrect mysql commands?

Have fun!

   Marc