[mythtv-users] Separate Frontends Wont Connect

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 26 09:39:25 UTC 2009

Howdy

I am trying to get some FE's going on a newish FE/BE.  The FE/BE works ok in terms of playing live HD.

The frontends won't connect and say can't login to database on this box.  They can connect to an older SD box.

The new BE box has never had a separate FE connect to it.

Looking around it seems http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-6.html#ss6.2 might be what I need.

I can log into sql using mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg
however commands such as

mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";
give
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' to database 'mythconverg'

which suggests I am on the right track...but stuck here.

The BE can definitely be pinged from the FE's, but not by mythtv it seems....