[mythtv-users] HDMI audio - MB or a Video card that just works?

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Wed Aug 26 03:21:11 UTC 2009

* Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote on [08-25-09y 10:20]:
> Don't use a buzzer.  You might fry the board.  You can get big voltage
> spikes from a buzzer but the voltmeter is a good idea.
>
> Did you look at the wiki I put together?  Perhaps it could use some
> more on hdmi.  Suggestions on what to add are welcome.
>
> Allen

Hi Allen,

   yup, I've gone through your guide -- more then once.  Thanks for
   compiling!

   Unfortunately, I cannot contribute because I still have no audio. :((

   When I run aplay -vv song.wav, I get a level graph made of hashes.
   It's looking like the audio is getting processed, but it's not making
   it to the hardware :(

   I can't keep spending night after night with this trial and error!

   At this point, I'm thinking of buying all new hardware.

   okay, I'm going to look through the BIOS ONE MORE TIME..

   -- Ryan