[mythtv-users] Need help with mythweb from SVN

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 26 02:42:11 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 10:08 PM, Keith Richie wrote:
> Can't seem to get mythweb to work.
> I recently upgraded my backend, and reinstalled the full system.
> Mythweb from an older SVN used to work.
>
> Here's a snippet from the error log -
>
> [Tue Aug 25 21:59:35 2009] [error] [client 192.168.1.109] PHP Fatal
> error:  Call to undefined function t() in
> /var/www/htdocs/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/_errors/db_vars_error.php

t() is the function used to translate text and is defined in
mythweb/includes/translate.php .

> I tried from 2 hosts, plus localhost, using IP and hostname. Google
> only returns hits that elude to errors in mythweb's php code. Yet - I
> did not find anyone reporting errors directly with mythweb.

Which is why I'd guess that your MythWeb application directory is broken
and contains old garbage from before the upgrade.

I would recommend uninstalling the MythWeb package and then removing
/everything/ from and including /var/www/htdocs/mythweb and then
reinstalling the MythWeb package.

If you didn't install from a package, then if you "installed" by svn
up'ing the /var/www/htdocs/mythweb directory, use svn status to see all
the garbage and delete it.  If you have your MythWeb SVN working copy
elsewhere, rm -r /var/www/htdocs/mythweb and then reinstall from your
MythWeb SVN working copy.  (Might also want to verify your working copy
is in good working order with svn status, as mentioned before.)

Mike